Tuesday, March 11, 2008

BREAKING NEWS

Welcome to Life of Slish News.

Today's news coverage revolves around one subject... the news. While the information given on news programs are often helpful and even vital to the public community, there are too many facts and stories thrown in that are often hard to understand.

For example, I'm sitting here watching CNN (not in my top three news programs) where on the banner at the bottom it says "9 Mexican school children killed as SUV falls into canal outside the town of Cardenas in Guanajuato state." Now, I'm not trying to belittle this fact, but rather to explain why it confuses me. How does the news decide that information from another country goes on-air in our country? This is what I tend to think (I don't know why) "Oh dear, that's so sad... I wonder what happening in Finland." Do they ever talk about tradegies in Finland? What about Alaska??? Alaska is part of America too! We should give them a little quality air-time with the rest of us. There has to be more happening in the world that is bigger than this tragic school story. I also wonder "What are other countries saying about us?" News is like the gossip highway of worldly woes.

I've also have been curious how exactly the reporters find out about what they'll be sharing with the public. Do I care to see a dog dancing or 10 minutes of a sex scandal? Nope. Although, I do think that video on the semi wheel that flew off on the freeway and busted a minivan's window was pretty interesting. And the story of the barista donating her kidney brought a tear to my eye!!! Oh, now for more on the sex scandal. Good Grief!!!

Oh, I thought this was funny (esp. the ending) "The U.S. military has identified frozen remains found atop a California glacier as those of a World War II Era airman who vanished more than 50 years ago." Hmmm, World War II... vanished more than 50 years ago... DUH! I don't think there's any need to expound on this further.

2 comments:

Steve said...

All of those stories are very relavant to my life. How dare you mock! FYI - That story about the WW2 airman found on the mountain...I think I heard that story when I was 12 and and they keep replaying that story over and over. Maybe they don't have any news and so they make it up...who is really going to check with Mexican authorities about an auto accident. Sounds very safe to me.

Alisha said...

You poor pathetic soul! You might as well watch Spongebob to get your daily dose of reality! I'm sorry, mocking again.
No, I do appreciate the news and for their trying to give us facts, but so often I do wonder where they get that stuff. And I agree with the WW2 story being repeated. We must have had a whole fleet of planes crash on US soil and they're just now getting around to cleaning them up. It's a shame really, I think the planes complete with pilot make nice memorials... think of it as a 3D scrapbook!