Thursday, June 12, 2008

Mawiage

Life has been rather crazy. I have been rebeling against writing since no one seems to read this crap anyway. But I met an elderly woman today who really impressed me. Here's why:

This woman's name is Diane. She was born and raised in Spanish Fork where she met and started dating her now husband at the age of 14. They were married when she was 17 and he was 20. Her dad was supportive of the marriage, her mom was not. Of course, her mother was married at 15 and if I recall correctly, had her first child at 17. Anyway, just a little background.

I could tell that she and her husband had some rough times. But they were so in love and were hard working together that they always knew they'd make it through. It was so cute, I have had a hard time figuring out why she inspired me so much. I had her for two hours and talked about lots of things. Her family, her weekly schedule of tending grandchildren and cooking for her sons family every night, her garden, church history, going through high school being married, loads of fun things. I think though what makes me want to be like her, is that I could tell how much she was still in love.
I have felt like I have only heard of one tale of True Love. That would be my Grandpa Gardner. Even though I didn't know my grandmother, since she died when I was three, I could feel the love he had for her when I would go into his home. It makes me wonder, will I ever bump into my True Love? How does that work? Is it supposed to be easy to talk to Him? Is it a feeling inside like blood rushing to get to my heart, or all thoughts being swept away to clear room to just feel the moment? Am I going to blush or feel embarrassed easily? Or is True Love hit and miss? Now I have witness to two companionships of True Love. Would thinking this way set me up for a life of loneliness? It seems to be so far. Is settling down the same as True Love? I think not. Some day, my prince will come.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

no comment...

Alisha said...

Oh, so it's the same as all the other comments for this post!